Helping Maine Business Grow
NEW! Read a recent MaineBiz article on Maine Quality Centers and how they have broadened their services to help businesses address their incumbent worker training needs.
The Maine Quality Centers’ mission is to encourage businesses to locate or expand operations in Maine by providing customized workforce training at no cost to the business or to trainees. Our education and training programs are coordinated and delivered through Maine's seven community colleges.
The MQC program is designed to ensure that you have a pool of qualified workers with the knowledge and skills your business needs. Our staff will work with you to design a customized training program that delivers the training when you need it and where you need it.
Read Charles Lawton's column on the Maine Quality Centers and how they are working with Maine businesses to address workforce development needs.
Maine Quality Centers have helped over 228 Maine businesses expand, representing over 12,787 new jobs and $2.1 billion in private investment in Maine.
What MQC offers:
- Recruitment assistance—advertising and screening
- Pre-hire training for potential hires
- Post-hire training for new hires
- Targeted training for industry certifications
- Customized training, consultation and curriculum
- Flexible scheduling—days, evenings, weekends
- Classes delivered at your worksite or on campus.
- Not expanding right now? We can help fund incumbent worker training!
What sets us apart:
- Qualified, experienced instructors.
- Flexible scheduling — days, evenings, and weekends.
- Access to community college conference facilities, labs, and equipment.
- Relationships with other state programs and resources.
- Training that leads to college credit and degree attainment (if desired).
- A statewide delivery network that makes it possible to deliver training at multiple locations.
- A long-term relationship — we’ll be your workforce partner as your company grows.
- Services that are guaranteed — we stand behind our services and programs.