Helping Maine Business Grow
Read Charles Lawton's column on the Maine Quality Centers and how they are working with Maine businesses to address workforce development needs.
The Maine Quality Centers’ mission is to encourage businesses to locate or expand operations in Maine by providing customized workforce training at no cost to the business or to trainees. Our education and training programs are coordinated and delivered through Maine's seven community colleges.
The MQC program is designed to ensure that you have a pool of qualified workers with the knowledge and skills your business needs. Our staff will work with you to design a customized training program that delivers the training when you need it and where you need it.
Maine Quality Centers have helped over 224 Maine businesses expand, representing over 12,670 new jobs and $2.1 billion in private investment in Maine.
What MQC offers:
- Recruitment, screening, and training at no cost.
- Assistance in identifying your specific workforce needs.
- Training delivered on site, on campus, or at a convenient location.
- For small businesses, the opportunity to form workforce training partnerships with other companies with similar needs.
What sets us apart:
- Qualified, experienced instructors.
- Flexible scheduling — days, evenings, and weekends.
- Access to community college conference facilities, labs, and equipment.
- Relationships with other state programs and resources.
- Training that leads to college credit and degree attainment (if desired).
- A statewide delivery network that makes it possible to deliver training at multiple locations.
- A long-term relationship — we’ll be your workforce partner as your company grows.
- Services that are guaranteed — we stand behind our services and programs.