Maine Community College System
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRUSTEES TO MEET AT YCCC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, June 25, 2004
CONTACT: Alice Kirkpatrick
Tel: (207) 767-0116, ext. 3
AUGUSTA, Maine The Board of Trustees of the Maine Community College System (MCCS) will hold a regularly-scheduled meeting next Wednesday, June 30, 2004 at York County Community College in Wells. The meeting will be held in Room B107 at 11:15 a.m. (Agenda below)
Several human resource items are on the agenda, including: resolutions to approve negotiated two-year contracts with the Maine Education Association (MEA) Faculty and Administrators bargaining units; a resolution addressing compensation for regular employees; and one establishing a process for the System President's annual performance appraisal. The System has five bargaining units; contracts with the other three concluded earlier this year.
The compensation adjustment negotiated in the MEA contract and proposed for regular employees for the 2004/2005 fiscal year mirrors the three other negotiated contracts. They include a two percent one-time stipend and an Employee Appreciation Day (one personal day of leave) in recognition of employees' efforts to support the colleges' transition from technical to community colleges.
Trustees are also expected to elect the Chair and Vice Chair of the Board for the 2004-2005 academic year. The agenda also includes a number of housekeeping measures, including updates to the MCCS Strategic Plan, Academic Inventory, and several System policies.
(If special accommodations are needed to attend the board meeting, please contact Ellyn Chase at 629-4000 in advance of the meeting.)
NOTICE OF MEETING & AGENDA
DATE: Wednesday, June 30, 2004
TIME: 11:15 a.m.
PLACE: York County Community College, Wells
CALL TO ORDER
ASCERTAINMENT OF QUORUM
1. Resolution to approve April 28, 2004 Minutes
2. Resolution to approve System President Performance Appraisal Process
3. Resolution to approve amendments to MCCS policies
- Policy 408: Safety in the Workplace & Learning Environment
- Policy 306: Program Advisory Committees
- Policy 214: Emeritus Status for Faculty & Administrators
4. Resolution to approve MEA Faculty and Administrator Bargaining Unit Negotiated Agreements and 2% one-time Stipend for regular MCCS Employees
Educational Policy Committee
5. Resolution to approve MCCS Academic Inventory
Strategic Plan Committee
Resolution to approve amendments to MCCS 2002-2007 Strategic Plan
7. Resolution to accept gifts to the MCCS
8. Resolution to elect Board Chair and Vice Chair for 2004-2005 Academic Year