Program specific scholarships
A number of scholarships are available to Maine community college students enrolled in specific programs of study. These include, but are not limited to, the scholarships listed below. For more information about these and other forms of financial assistance, contact the financial aid office at your local community college:
- AAA Northern New England has established an endowed scholarship fund at Maine’s community colleges. Currently, AAA awards three scholarships each year to full-time students. The scholarships rotate among the community colleges that offer an automotive technology program.
- The Maine Antique Power Scholarship is available each year to second-year students enrolled in an automotive technology program. The $400 scholarship rotates among the colleges that offer the program.
- The Maine Higher Education Assistance Foundation's Maine Community College Scholarship is available each year to a second-year business or business related student. The $1,000 scholarship rotates each year among the colleges.
- The Maine Healthcare Engineering Society Scholarship is available each year to a second-year student in engineering or related program. The $500 scholarship rotates each year among the colleges.
- The Maine Automotive Trade Show Association gives a $500 scholarship to a second-year student enrolled in an automotive technology program at one of the community colleges.
- The Maine Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction has endowed a fund to provide scholarships and/or emergency assistance to female students enrolled in a construction related course or program. In 2009, the NAWIC fund will award $500 in assistance.
Central Maine Community College 775-5328
Eastern Maine Community College 974-4625
Kennebec Valley Community College 453-5160
Northern Maine Community College 768-2790
Southern Maine Community College 741-5518
Washington County Community College 454-1033
York County Community College 1-800-580-3820