Learn More About How MQC Projects Work
- Business must have a physical location in Maine
- Trainees must be Maine residents
- Trainees must be full-time employees working at facilities in Maine
- Positions must be at a skill level that would take 3 months or more to learn
- Wages and benefits must be competitive
- Training must be cost effective
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for an MQC training grant?
Is there a deadline to apply?
There is no deadline to apply. Grants are awarded to qualifying businesses on a first come, first served basis.
What types of training can be funded by an MQC grant?
Our grants cover a wide variety of courses, credit and non-credit. Our training coordinators will work with your business to help determine what training would be most beneficial to your company, and to customize the curriculum to your needs.
How are MQC grants funded?
MQC training grants are state funded. Grant-funded training is delivered through the Maine Community College System. No grant funds go directly to the company.
What if my business is not eligible for an MQC grant?
The Maine Community College System can provide information about other training grant opportunities you may qualify for and quotes for customized employee training.
Who can I call with additional questions about MQC grants or to discuss an application?
Please call Maine Quality Centers at 207-699-4901 for more information.