Overview of Services
All seven of Maine’s community colleges offer customized training for business and industry—in both the hard trades and soft skills. Employers can choose from existing courses and workshops, or training programs can be tailored to meet a company’s specific needs.
We’ve made it our business to help employers build and support a highly-skilled workforce. Here’s how:
- The Maine Quality Centers program offers special training grants for businesses that are expanding, need new skills, or are looking to locate in Maine.
- The colleges’ Business and Industry Divisions deliver workforce training that is customized to the specific needs of Maine employers.
- Our continuing education divisions offer an array of non-credit and credit courses to help individuals and their employers gain new skill sets.
- Maine is IT! is funded by a $13 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor and has enabledall seven community colleges to add new programs, certificates, courses, and short-term training to address the growing need for skilled IT workers across many Maine industries.
- Globally Harmonized System training — The MCCS has partnered with the Maine Department of Labor to provide both employees and employers with information about new federal standards for working with hazardous chemicals.