The Maine Quality Centers have helped over 237 Maine businesses expand, representing over 15,068 new jobs and $2.5 billion in private investment in Maine.
Maine Quality Centers
Providing grants to help cover costs of customized training
Is your business expanding? Are you considering locating your firm in Maine? Do your current Maine workers need new skills?
The Maine Quality Centers provide customized workforce training grants for Maine employers seeking to locate or expand their operations in Maine or who are interested in providing training to their incumbent workers.
Training programs are coordinated and delivered through Maine’s seven community colleges, and our staff will work with you to design a program that delivers the training you need when you need it and where you need it.
What MQC offers:
- Grants to help cover the cost of customized training for workers or recruits. Apply for grant funding» (Note: This PDF file works best when viewed and filled in using the latest version of Adobe Reader.)
- Incumbent worker training.
- Recruitment assistance—advertising and screening.
- Pre-hire training for potential hires.
- Post-hire training for new hires.
- Targeted training for industry certifications.
- Customized training, consultation, and curriculum.
- Flexible scheduling—days, evenings, weekends.
- Classes delivered at your worksite or on campus.
Put ME to Work program:
This new public-private partnership funds 50% of start-up costs to create new training programs or enhance existing ones at Maine’s community colleges. The goal: to support the needs of local business and industry for skilled workers. Learn more about this partnership option and how to apply.
What sets us apart:
- Qualified, experienced instructors.
- Flexible scheduling — days, evenings, and weekends.
- Access to community college conference facilities, labs, and equipment.
- Relationships with other state programs and resources.
- Training that can lead to college credit and degree attainment.
- A statewide delivery network that allows for training at multiple locations.
- A long-term relationship — we’ll be your training partner as your company grows.
- Services that are guaranteed — we stand behind our services and programs.
Contact us to learn more.
Executive Director of Workforce Training
Maine Quality Centers
323 State Street
Augusta, Maine 04330
Direct line: (207) 629-4030
Or contact a training coordinator at one of our colleges. You’ll find their contact info here>>