Board will also hold regularly scheduled meetings on Wednesday, April 26
Contact: Karen Hamilton
207-767-0116, x 4
AUGUSTA, ME — Seven Maine community college students will be honored for their academic success and campus and community involvement at a luncheon ceremony on Wednesday, April 26, at the Senator Inn in Augusta. The event will be hosted by the Maine Community College System (MCCS) Board of Trustees.
The 2017 MCCS Student of the Year Awards ceremony will begin at 11:00 am and will be followed by a luncheon. The students being recognized are:
- CMCC: Robyn Rawle, Life Sciences, Buckfield;
- EMCC: Glenna Washburn, Education-Secondary Education Option, Old Town;
- KVCC: Natasha Manson, Business Administration, Oakland;
- NMCC: Amanda Jean Eivers, Nursing, Presque Isle;
- SMCC: Devyn Vermette, Liberal Studies, Topsham;
- WCCC: Jaycie T. MacArthur, Business Management, Princeton;
- YCCC: Elizabeth Lynn Hansen, Behavioral Health, Sanford.
The seven students being honored on Wednesday were selected by faculty and staff at the colleges. In addition to being recognized as Students of the Year, they will each receive a John H. Lapoint, Jr. Leadership Award in the amount of $1,000. Mr. Lapoint was president of UF Strainrite in Lewiston and a trustee of the Maine Community College System. After his death in 1995, his widow, Jana Lapoint, served on the Board from 1995 to 2006 and helped establish the fund for the annual awards.
MCCS Board of Trustees to meet in Augusta
Also on Wednesday, April 26, the MCCS Board of Trustees will hold regularly scheduled meetings at the MCCS System Office, 323 State Street, Augusta. The agenda is as follows:
9:00 am—Committee Meetings
- Education Committee, Boardroom, First Floor
- Strategic Planning Committee, Conference Room, Second Floor
10:30 am—Student of the Year recognition ceremony — The Senator Inn
1:30 pm—Board Work Session, Boardroom, First Floor
2:30 pm—Board of Trustees Meeting, Boardroom, First Floor
Agendas for the day’s meetings are available here and are subject to change prior to the meeting date.
If special accommodations are needed to attend either of these events, please contact Bonnie Brown at 629-4017.