- 93% of 1st-year MCCS students are Maine residents.
- 38% come directly from high school.
- 32% entered with some prior college.
- 57% of all students attend part-time.
- The average age of first-year students is 27.
- 60% of first-year students are 21 or under; 20% are between 22 and 29; 19% are 30 or older.
- 82% of full-time students receive financial aid.
Enrollment at Maine's community colleges continues to grow
- Enrollment has grown 83 percent in 10 years, to 18,561.
More high school students going to college:
- Each year, more and more MCCS students transfer to 4-year institutions. In the fall of 2012, 836 MCCS students transferred to the University of Maine System, an increase of 20% in just one year. They joined hundreds of other recent MCCS alumni who are working towards degrees at over 164 colleges in 40 states.