Stay healthy with common sense practices:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or arm rather than your hand if a tissue is not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.