How to Transfer

Transfer In

Transfer credits to a Maine community college

Students interested in transferring credit to a Maine community college or earning credit for other work and learning experiences should start by contacting the admissions office at the college they are interested in attending.

Some basic transfer guidelines

In general, students may transfer credits earned:

  • At other accredited colleges and universities
  • Through courses taken for college credit while in high school
  • On Advanced Placement examinations

Learn  more»


Transfer Out

Transfer your Maine community college credits to another college or university

Maine’s community colleges offer an affordable pathway to a four-year degree.  Each year, hundreds of our students transfer on to four-year colleges and universities.  Here are key resources to make the process as easy as possible.


Reverse Transfer

Credits earned after leaving a Maine community college can be applied toward an associate degree at the community college.

Students who transfer to a four-year degree program after earning at least 15 credits (but before graduating) from a Maine community college can transfer credits from their new institution back to their community college in order to fulfill the requirements for an associate degree.


For more information about transfer or to request a transcript, contact your community college’s registrar:

Central Maine Community College
Office of the Registrar

Eastern Maine Community College
Enrollment Management

Kennebec Valley Community College
Office of the Registrar

Northern Maine Community College
Transcript Request

Southern Maine Community College
Student Resources

Washington County Community College
Enrollment Management

York County Community College
Transfer Services