Reverse Credit Transfer

Earn your associate degree or certificate while pursuing your bachelor’s degree

If you transfer to one of Maine’s public universities before completing your associate degree or certificate at a Maine community college, you may be able to transfer credits earned at the university back to your community college to satisfy associate degree or certificate requirements.

The Maine Community College System and the University of Maine System have established a reverse credit transfer agreement that makes it possible for students to earn an associate degree or certificate by combining credits from their university with credits previously earned from their community college. Want to learn more?

Apply for reverse credit transfer

For consideration of being awarded an associate degree or certificate, university students need to complete a Transfer Participation and Transcript Request Form.

Get a degree audit

You can contact your community college to inquire about your degree audit and progress toward your degree certificate.


Transfer Contact Information

Central Maine Community College
Office of the Registrar

Eastern Maine Community College
Enrollment Management

Kennebec Valley Community College
Office of the Registrar

Northern Maine Community College
Transcript Request

Southern Maine Community College
Student Resources

Washington County Community College
Enrollment Management

York County Community College
Transfer Services